“Sit down, pour yourself a cup, and stay awhile.”
The Word Lounge is a Life Style blog that is geared toward Millennial readers that are looking for a place to relate and connect. This blog was started as an outlet for myself, seeing as I keep a journal and am writing constantly, but have never really shared anything I’ve written. My hopes for this blog are to inspire inform, and motivate young people (myself included) and to also give people a place where they can relate their feelings and experiences.
My blog posts consist mainly of personal growth and development, self care, and mental health, but I will also be throwing in reviews as well as favorite lists and other misc. articles geared toward entertainment. My goal is to become a better writer, but also to potentially help others see their own potential. (If I can create a successful blog, you can follow your dreams.)
About the Author & Creator
- 20 something living in Rhode Island, but originally from Massachusetts.
- Frequenter on Thought Catalog*
- Super Introvert.
- Received my Bachelors in Psychology and Visual Art, and currently attending grad school.
- New to blogging, but I have a love for writing.
- Background in Social Work & Counseling.
- I love to try new foods, but have a soft spot for sweet potato sushi and cheese enchiladas.
- Cat Whisperer.
- Fashion addict
- Avid sketch artist.
- According to Myers Briggs, I am an INTJ.
- I love Horror Movies, Video Games, and Tech.
- Dislikes: Spiders, rude people, and luke warm tea.
- Hobbies: I like watching Youtube and Netflix, shopping, trying new food, weightlifting, using my Polaroid camera, blogging, and writing in my journal.
Thank you for taking the time to read about me and my blog. I hope you enjoy my content and if you have any suggestions feel free to leave a comment.
Happy Reading! x
*I publish my favorite pieces from here onto Thought Catalog, so feel free to check that out! In the future, there will be TC exclusive pieces, so be sure to stop by!